Thursday, June 10, 2010

Almost Friday

Hi everyone,
So today I played a quality round of phone tag. Not too exciting really, but I left messages for my cartoon story, my feature story and my Good Neighbor Day story. It's definitely not the best part of the job, but waiting for people to call you back is all part of being a journalist.
In between talking across the cubicles with Connor and Chelsea, I wrote myself a to-do list. Once again, not too exciting but judging by the amount of work I still need to do between now and next week, it was necessary. With these stories I need to write, plus bugging Athletic Directors about this whole Big Ten Expansion dilemma, I'm going to have an interesting week ahead of me.
**10 minute pause**
Well, I just got one phone call back. So I guess I'm one step closer to writing this cartoon contest story.
I guess the interesting thing about being an intern is that you get all kinds of unique stories to write about. While I'm used to writing sports stories and sports features, this week I learned how to take events that may seem dull and liven them up! I'm getting better at finding a better, usually less obvious angle, and that's definitely a plus.
Well I must prepare for tomorrow morning's graduation event! If only I can find a unique angle for this...

2 comments:

  1. Good Luck connecting the dots with the Big Ten issue! Maybe take a trip to France...

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, if only I could afford it lol!

    ReplyDelete